Any left over reds will go onto the back. Another idea I have is to actually make a large version of 4 split nine patches for a center - maybe done in creams - so there is a design on the back. I really like how the pieced backings give the quilts a little more surprise.In Bonnie's backing example (Quiltville) she used up many scraps (7 yards worth!). I don't have that many reds so will go buy some more - Just for fun! Here are examples for backing (think varied reds). The 4 centered blocks measure 18" x 18" (see block on the right) - so they can be easily divided by 3. Making the outer borders 22" each side will yield a backing thats 80" x 80". Not quite large enough, so I will play around with the sizes.
I have made notes and put my top back in it's project bag for now. I have some prep to do for a small quilting meeting this Friday, so while inspired, my big top will have to wait a week or two for it's backing.
Hope you are happy quilting out there!




No comments:
Post a Comment