Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday Quiltin'










Oh sweet sunny Sunday! I was able to start the quilting machine up early today and get some quilting done. My aunt Jean sends baby quilts to me for quilting, and I worked on two of them this morning. She is so creative! I also found a wayward quilt project from many years ago that had some minimal hand quilting to hold it together. I went ahead and finished it on the longarm.

I visited my friend Laura today and we were chatting about Cootie Bug's Siggy Block swap. I haven't picked out my fabric selections, but Laura has some great ideas for hers. We also talked about mini quilts, so I am posting two pics of unfinished minis I have hanging around. I think I'll add another border to the black and Asian fabric one. The scrappy sampler has been hanging around for a couple of years - I used to sell a lot of mini quilt tops on eBay, and this one was made during that time. It doesn't hang straight, so I kept it...I see that every time I look at it.

The Asian quilt measures 12" x 16", and the scrappy measures 9" x 12". Both were made from leftovers from other projects.
Maybe I will make more little quilts this year once I've finished these two. The ones I've made in the past were based on antique doll quilts, but unfortunately I don't have photos of those anymore.
Laura is having spaghetti for dinner, which sounds terrific, but my hubby is craving something spicy, so I see chicken-filled tortillas in my future. I better thaw out the chicken then!
Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

No comments: